question about email notification that I received today..

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by okiemommy, Jun 13, 2008.

1. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    I wasnt sure where to post this, so I hope this is right. I got an email today and it said that the emails that BYC is sending me keep getting kicked back. I clicked on the link, and it wanted me to put in my email address and password. I DIDNT put it in. This sounds like phishing. Is this something that you guys sent out, or is someone trying to phish me?

PS I have been getting my notifications of thread postings, though I have subscribed to several threads, is is possible that my email IS kicking back some of them, b/c it thinks they are spam?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, that was my fault. [​IMG]

We had received about 50 bounceback emails from a few email addresses (basically they said your email address was invalid).

But, I guess the email went through, so you should be just fine. Maybe your email server / provider was just having some problems for a few hours.

3. okiemommy

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Thanks for getting back to me. [​IMG] No big deal, Just wanted to make sure that it wasnt phishing, and that if it was, I would give you a heads up on it.

could it be that I have subscribed to too many threads? [​IMG]

also...how do I get those animated smilies that everyone has?

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    also...how do I get those animated smilies that everyone has?

When you are typing a message if you look to the right there is a "Smilies" [show].

You click on the show and there they are.[​IMG]

ETC: I don't know my right from my left anymore......​

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  5. okiemommy

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    zomg! yaaaayyyy!!! Lol I love smilies![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

thanks!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by