1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about feeding pullets

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by asooomaa, Sep 19, 2009.

1. asooomaa

asooomaa Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2009
    Switzerland
    Hi everybody,
    My pullets are now 11 weeks old, I'm concerned about feeding them, I feed them a mixture of wheat, barley and corn, is this seems well ?
    sometimes I let them free range but for short periods once every week because our garden is fully planted with vegetables.

Is the food I mentioned up looks good especially for their growth because they are growing now, and if not good enough, what is the approbriate food i have to give to them except the commercial mash ( which contains amounts of antibiotic and other chemicals )

In other words, show me some foods which are natural and contain enough amounts of proteins, carbs vitamins and minerals ,,

any help will be appreciated ( rate my skills of speaking english cuz I'm Swiss )[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Your English is fantastic... I'm 1/8 Swiss through my great grandfather.

Around here they sell 'grower' feed that has just the right amount of nutrients to keep them growing and healthy.

Are you in Switzerland right now or have you relocated?

3. asooomaa

asooomaa Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2009
    Switzerland
    I have the grower feed but i don't like to feed them too muchof it, i want to mix some natural food in the diet

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Give the grower as the main feed with table scraps and greens they'll do great.

Once they are adult size, then you need to be certain they get layer and calcuim.... and THEN feed them as much natural food as possible.

PS: Grower feed is natural... it's just been formulated to make it easy for youQ

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by