question about feeding show bantams

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by diamond g, Aug 20, 2014.

1. diamond g

diamond g Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Ive been feeding my daughters show bantams (OEGB, cochins, Duccles) layer crumbles. I feel we are lacking in plumage. Should I be feeding them game bird feed?. my feed store has one by Manna Pro that is 30% protein.

2. FoxholeFarm

FoxholeFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2014
    Berkeley, CA
    I just bought a bunch of banties. Manna Pro is what my breeder feeds his birds and he shows them, so you probably want to give them that if youre concerned with plumage density (especially on the cochins), but you might consider turkey feed too. Its usually around 24-26% protein and you can always supplement with black oil sunflower seeds to increase the oils and protein in what youre already giving them. I'm thinking of supplementing my Modest Milling feed with flax seed or meal instead because its harder for them to pick through and leave behind the feed that way. By no means am I an expert though. I'm only just starting with show birds!

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The Manna Pro that your referring to is not a feed, it is a supplement and is Calf Manna.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by