Hi, this is my birds first winter.I researched and battled back and forth about heat lamps and decided to try it without.Ok, we put vaseline on the combs every three days...ALL of them...34 chickens! They still got frostbite I FELT HORRIBLE!! Like a failure in raising chickens!! Sooo I had the hubby put two heat lamps in the coop...if the power goes out I will have him hook up a generator...seriously...to keep them warm enough.My question is...will it scar them? What do I expect next?Most is just on the points...and it looks a bit better just since we heated the coop.Does it ever heal back?