Question about homemade cabinet incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Johndeere96, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Johndeere96

Johndeere96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Nh
    Ok so I bought a hova bator last month to see if hatching eggs is something I want to start doing small scale and I loved it! (not suprised) so I have taken it upon myself to build a cabinet bator from this cabinet I've had sitting around. It's small about 11 inches square inside and 27 inches tall on the inside and my original plan was to use auto turners like the one in my hovabator but those are around 15x15 so it won't work. I also have a big stack of these small Tupperware type storage containers with no lids and the fit 2 egg cartons perfectly and fit in my cabinet with enough room to run a board up each side to stack them. Would a fan coming from top and bottom be enough air flow? Or just one from the top? Also will the Tupperwares work ok with open top and solid bottom? I don't know If that's enough air flow

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I think that the tupper ware would work for a hatcher, but I don't think that they would be that great in an incubator. I use two fans pointing upward on the bottom of my incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by