Question about incubator humidity for dry hatch

Suzieqpei

Hatching
Apr 30, 2022
Hi gang! This is my first post so I'll thank you for your patience right now. I've hatched chickens previously but getting ready for my first dry hatch and getting the incubator set. I have a hovabator. Temp is great but humidity is nonexistent in the incubator compared to room humidity which is around 30. Will the humidity increase to an acceptable level when eggs are added or should I add water to bring it to 30% before I add eggs? Is it normal for empty incubator to have lower humidity than the air outside the incubator. This dry hatching is all new to me.

Hi gang! This is my first post so I'll thank you for your patience right now. I've hatched chickens previously but getting ready for my first dry hatch and getting the incubator set. I have a hovabator. Temp is great but humidity is nonexistent in the incubator compared to room humidity which is around 30. Will the humidity increase to an acceptable level when eggs are added or should I add water to bring it to 30% before I add eggs? Is it normal for empty incubator to have lower humidity than the air outside the incubator. This dry hatching is all new to me.
If the ambient humidity is 30 I'd add no water. The air inside is the air outside

Ok. Assuming eggs will contribute to humidity as they spend time in incubator. Air inside incubator is so low its not registering compared to air humidity outside

Attachments

• 20230127_171230.jpg
    20230127_171230.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom