1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about LG Egg Turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hi - i just bought one of these as the one i ordered for my Hova Bator appears to be coming by pony express.

i plugged it in and i hear a slight hum but no movement at all. My hova bator egg turner makes a lot of noise when plugged in, kinda like "choonka, choonka, choonka". But the LG is silent. Is this normal for this model or does it sound like i got a defective one?

Thanks!

2. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    very normal you have to watch a long time to see movement as it is very slow it takes 4 hours to go form one side and 4 hours back.

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Thanks, but my question is more about noise. The LG egg turner i bought makes no sound at all. My Hova Bator makes a lot of noise as it operates. So, if you have an LG egg turner, does it make any noise during operation?

4. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    nope none at all i have to feel to see if it is warm to tell if it is running.

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Thanks! i also did a little test of my own and just left it plugged in, so i could see it move over time. Now i'm wondering why my hova bator egg turner is so dang noisy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by