Question About Molting.

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Hello everyone!
I have a hen named Ebony who is going to be 2 years old this fall. Her feathers have been looking scraggly and mangly for a while now, and I've been hoping that she will molt so she can get her glossy, luxurious feathers back. She did not molt last fall, but her two silkie sisters did. A month ago I saw a bald spot on her head (she is a silkie cross and has a fluffy poof) but figured that the roosters were just being rough. It's gotten bigger and now I realize that she is going through a mini molt. As well as new pin feathers coming in on her head, she also has a few new neck feathers and new feathers sprouting on her fluffy cheeks and feet. This molt is very minimal. My question is, even if she is going through a mini molt now, will she still molt this fall? I am dying for her to get back her beautiful soft feathers!
Thanks!

Ebony

normally a full molt is in the second autumn. If it's just on the head it is probably from the rooster.
Thanks!
It is not from the rooster. I hardly even see the boys get enough courage to approach her, lol!
gig.gif
How manly they are.

Back
Top Bottom