Question about mottled

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I'm getting a trio of mottled bantam cochins tomorrow. I don't have any cochins just yet, but I have some frizzle eggs from DDD that are BBS. Could I put the BBS with the mottleds, or would there then just be a mix?

awh that's awesome to hear Shelley! Sorry I don't have an answer for ya on that. However, I'm getting a mottled bantam roo cochin, and a barred, and black bantam cochin hens on the 10th i can't wait! I must see what yours look like when ya get em!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, me too!
lau.gif
All I know is that the roo won the blue ribbon at the state fair this year, I haven't even seen them yet!
gig.gif

Quote:
Yeah, me too!
lau.gif
All I know is that the roo won the blue ribbon at the state fair this year, I haven't even seen them yet!
gig.gif

I havent seen mine yet either he he! That's awesome about the roo winnin a ribbon! You willing to sell hatching eggs from them in the future? If so I SERIOUSLY want to be on the list. I'd like a few more mottleds and im not exactly sure how the gene works, plus it'd be nice ot have different blood.
big_smile.png
So put me down if you're willing to sell!
big_smile.png
bow.gif

Quote:
woot.gif
SURE! Already trading with KellyHM (or MH ha ha) here when her silkies start laying....and i deffinatly dont have a problem trading with you! Just let me know what you'd be interested in when the time comes and wala!
smile.png
20+ coturnix eggs (of your choice) for a doz mottled eggies???
frow.gif

Quote:
woot.gif
SURE! Already trading with KellyHM (or MH ha ha) here when her silkies start laying....and i deffinatly dont have a problem trading with you! Just let me know what you'd be interested in when the time comes and wala!
smile.png
frow.gif

I don't know if I'd be able to do a dozen. I'll only have two hens, so it would take about a week to get enough eggs! Unless you wouldn't mind them being a bit old?

Quote:
woot.gif
smile.png
frow.gif

I don't know if I'd be able to do a dozen. I'll only have two hens, so it would take about a week to get enough eggs! Unless you wouldn't mind them being a bit old?

true! LOL! Kay well maybe when your hens are both laying one a day, as many as you can gather for me in three days? And I'd send ya out 10+ eggies of whatever colors you want of my coturnix. Plus if my cochins are laying then I'll give ya few gifts if ya want
wink.png
Or my silkies or my sexlinks, or my mutts. blah blah blah you get the picture.
wink.png

This is ofcourse if ya dont mind waiting until my coturnix start popping out eggs (unless you want from my youngsters in the house, which then i can't guarrentee colors).
big_smile.png
They havent started laying yet bu ti know theywill soon.
big_smile.png

Oh, I forgot about you and your silkies! I have 5 now, 1 male and 4 females. I could toss some of their eggs in with. They are pet/breeder quality though. The roo has a straight comb, and none of them have very good feathering on their legs. I'll have my bators more or less full before too much longer, so I'll have to wait for them anyway! Plus the cochins won't start laying again (if they even are now) for a few weeks at least, so it will be a while.

Back
Top Bottom