Question about my candled egg

psue

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2012
Missouri,USA

Embden day 16. This is my first hatch the other 2 eggs have a swimmer and easy to see veins. But this one has that dark spot
idunno.gif
if you slowly rotate the egg it always comes to the top and the air cell is growing but is there a baby in there????

Embden day 16. This is my first hatch the other 2 eggs have a swimmer and easy to see veins. But this one has that dark spot
idunno.gif
if you slowly rotate the egg it always comes to the top and the air cell is growing but is there a baby in there????
That is the day 16 pic? Seems to me like it quit.

In the absence of supporting blood vessels, the free moving dark spot and the pale yellow area below the air cell it suggests the embryo has died at about 8-9 days - sorry to hear that.

Thanks guys, I still have 2 eggs from the first batch of 8 then.. and I got a short video of one of them moving the other night. 2nd batch of 8 is looking text book to Pete's artical. I'm so glad you put that together Pete, thank you!!!

Best of luck on your eggs!! Be sure to follow the tips as laid out by Pete and you should have some beautiful babies very soon: mark air cell lines with pencil to show evaporation rate; daily cool/mist; don't bump humidity for lockdown until internally pipped, etc. And... keep that humidity down!!

I'm trying but i'm useing an LG and it keeps getting the humidity too high but if I run it dry it's at 20%
he.gif
isnt that too low?
and next time I WILL have a scale.

on a seperate note (wrong thread) how do you like your cayuga and ancona ducks? I'm thinking of getting ducks can't decide on a breed
barnie.gif

Hey Sue, I use an LG still air. I only put a little water in the front tray... and would allow it to do dry before adding more. In my climate, it resulted in 35% humidity.

I love them both! The cayugas seem more "pet-like" but the anconas are sweet things too. The funny thing is the cayuga is the breed my husband picked (I prefer anconas), but I wound up taking two from his first hatch because I love them so.... and then he turned around and claimed two of my babies from the ancona hatch earlier this week.

Hubby put a computer fan in mine... but a little water and it goes 50 to 60 % no water and it's 20 something....

Thanks for the duck infomation.... it's soooo hard to chose. I want cute and fairly quiet... he wants meat and eggs..
I want to help an endangered breed.... he wants to eat everything,lol
If I had more land I'd have 6 of everything
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom