Question about my chic- Easter Egger

mirasmom

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 20, 2013
South Phoenix AZ
I got two Easter egger chic’s just over a week ago, so they would be about 2 weeks since hatching now. One of them is off... we call her Brainy cause... she’s not. She eats, drinks and poops... but otherwise she’s somewhat off. A little slow, she tends to not hang out with the other 5. I am not sure if I should worry about her or just accept that Brainy is gentle, sweet, and a bit dumb, even for a chicken.

How are they housed? Some people keep them in Rubbermaid bins that they soon outgrow.
Crowding limits ventilation.

Last edited:
Oh no, they have plenty of ventilation. They are in a medium sized dog crate, the wire kind. They have a cat box in one corner with bedding, a wooden something or other I found in the yard and cleaned up on the other side to climb on and a wooden dowel to perch on.

Brainy has been off since we got her and she was 2 days old.

The breeder was nice but I didn't get to see the conditions the chicks lived in, they were in the yard in a run waiting for me.

Brainy is the little dark brown one between the two black ones tails. She cannot get on the dowel without falling off so she usually hangs out under the others.

Welp brainy is finaly able to get up on the dowl to roost, so at least there is some improvement.

I just realized I posted in the wrong place for this. SO sorry.

Back
Top Bottom