Question about my Dominique rooster.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Coreyboy18, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Coreyboy18

Coreyboy18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, so I've had Artemis for fourteen weeks yesterday. That makes him fifteen weeks old. He is a baby, my baby. He cuddles with me and sits in my lap and just everything that you'd hope a rooster would be like, except...this may sound crazy because why would someone want it, but when will he start crowing? He makes some noise, but it is just the booooook, boooooook sound.
    I am also wondering when he is going to start putting on his rooster charm for the ladies. As of now, when I bring treats out, he is nearly always the first one to dive in. He doesn't sit back and let the ladies eat first. I know that he keeps an eye on the sky, but that's about the extent of his rooster duties at the moment. Is he gonna grow up? Thanks y'all!

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

No problem there, Corey. He`ll start soon enough. Hopefully he will still appriciate your affections..........Pop

3. Coreyboy18

Coreyboy18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, so he started crowing the day after I posted this...he also started biting me on my feet every time I go into the yard. I quickly hit him off of me and pick him up and hold him tight. Anyone recommend anything else? He has been my baby and has NEVER shown any signs of aggression before. I guess he is just growing up now all of a sudden...almost overnight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by