Question about my EE or Ameraucana

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by srfjeld, May 21, 2011.

1. srfjeld

srfjeld Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Portland
    I said the above b/c I was told I have an Ameraucana but after reading this post may just have an EE... makes not difference to me. My question is, I've seen list of different colored eggs they can lay, will my one little girl lay a variety of diff colored eggs or does each Ameraucana/EE have just one color they lay? [​IMG]

2. srfjeld

srfjeld Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Portland
    opps! i meant after reading posts on this forum, not after reading my own post... please forgive. [​IMG]

3. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I'm pretty certain they lay the same hue of egg their whole lives. Also, I think Amaraucana and EE are the same thing.

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    A chicken will lay the same color of egg all the time. It may lighten up a little, but the color will be the same. [​IMG]

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    they will lay a color that will only change a slight shade over time. Unless you got from a breeder, you have an EE...
    and no, EE is not the same as Ameraucana, hatcheries don't sell true ameraucana

6. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I have "Ameracaunas" that turned out to be EEs. [​IMG] One of them lays long, olive green eggs. The other two lay roundish, very pale blue, almost white eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by