Question about my goslings

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
They are 5 weeks old. One likes to pull feathers out of the others and then eats them. It is not a one time thing he does it alot. What can i do and is there a reason for this.

The pen is 10 by 20 and they have a large kiddie pool. I have them on chick starter there was not much to pick from at the feed store. They seem to like the grass so we pick some and give to them every day and i do give them a little cracked corn as a treat. They are huge i did not think they would grow that fast. Here is a pic of them.

BENCH059.jpg

Nice green bundles of sweet grass would keep them busy. By 8 weeks they should be off the chick starter. Mine are on Purina Flock Raiser as a supplement to being able to graze and they are in much better shape since switching to the Purina brand of flock raiser.

I wonder if the picker is a gander and acting out in dominance or if it is just a very bored goose.

They are toulouse. They are very skittish and frighten easy. We played with them and payed alot of attention to them and all the sudden they they would not come near us. We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom