Question about my pet chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cristal87, May 11, 2010.

1. cristal87

cristal87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    I ordered the min from my pet chicken and was wondering if they are going to send packing peanutes. i only ordered 3. i dont mind if they do i just want to be prepared

2. bwknight877

bwknight877 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
  3. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    nope!!! i have ordered 3 orders of baby chicks.. no packing peanuts!

4. JMPE

JMPE Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009
    Western Wisconsin
    They will only send the birds you ordered with a glob of grow gel and a heat pack. My five arrived happy and healthy. I know they charge a lot for shipping, but I was really happy dealing with them.

5. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i ordered 8 from MPC about a month ago and i DID get a packing peanut. i got 9 chicks. it was a yellow chick. i called the company thinking they may know the breed and the lady said it was a mistake for me to have gotten 9. i only kept it for about 3 weeks cuz i was giving away 5 of the chicks and "mystery chick" was one of the give aways. but as the chick started to feather out, i at first saw white feathers, then he/she was starting to get some black feathers underneath the white. i had no idea what breed it was. i had a feeling it could be a roo though cuz i figured if ur gonna pack a peanut, it may have a strong chance of being a male. i will definitely ask the lady that i gave them to, how they're doing etc. i thought it's legs looked longer, and this chick also had a bit of a mean streak....he pecked me a couple times....not a nice peck either!

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just received 8 Bantams last week from MyPetChicken and they arrived in straw and a heat pack. I can't tell if the straw is artificial or not, it's very stiff, but made a nice little nest for their travel.

7. cristal87

cristal87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks for the info. i have read people get them alot so i wanted to be prepared. i only ordered 3 cuz thats all i have room for.

8. danielviger72@yahoo.com

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Hollis Center, Maine
    I ordered five chickens four hens and one Rhode Island red rooster.. do they send along more? what are packing peanuts?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
  9. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I ordered from Ideal since I'm in Texas. My order of 11 BOs included 10 (yes, ten) packing peanuts, a/k/a silver lace wyandott roos! I appreciate the extras; I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of them (give some away and keep some, I guess) and yes, I wasn't quite prepared for the extras. Enjoy your new babies....

10. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    I ordered from MPC twice this spring, both orders were for six chicks and they sent me exactly what I ordered on time and healthy. I would use them again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by