Question about my Silkies Pics inside

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by white01, Aug 2, 2010.

1. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    I have no idea if they are bearded or none beardedm and i do not know the sex, the were born May 19, 2010, so they are almost 11 weeks, any info is greatly appreciated. I have 2 buff,2 black, and 2 blue, but they are hard little buggas to take pics hehe, i will get more of each bird today and post.

Thanx

Ann

This is peeps, he is the smallest one, he hasnt grown very much, still not sure y?(Black)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is (no name yet)(buff)
    [​IMG]

This is also (noname yet)(Buff)
    [​IMG]

This one is (nonmae yet) (Blue or black) i cant tell now, camera was not making clear photos

[​IMG]

Will have more today of each one,

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello! I know silkies are such complicated buggers.

The only bearded one I see is possibly the 2nd one pictured - but hard to tell. Definately none of the others are bearded.

Is the buffs pictured the same chicken or 2 different ones? Because the 2nd one - the full on picture it may be a bearded pullet but I can't tell...1st picture definately is beardless - and pretty sure it looks like a roo - but no telling @ 11 weeks.

the blacks - no idea on sexes. Sometimes you can't be sure on sex on a silkie till 5+ months - I have 3 that are 23 weeks and I am just now finally sure I got a male and 2 females!!!

good luck! Will look forward to more pictures to guess on!

3. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    I can't tell sex on your blacks, but the first buff pictured looks like a rooster - because his comb is getting lumpy. The second buff is looking like a hen, since there is no comb growth on her.

If you examine your blacks really closely, maybe you can tell if any of them are getting slightly larger combs.

4. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    Thanx so much for responding, i will take a look, going to get some more pics in a bit....

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Just guesses [​IMG] but~~ Peeps looks like a non-bearded cockeral
    1st Buff looks like a non-bearded cockeral
    2nd Buff looks like a bearded pullet
    last one looks like a non-bearded cockeral

Mine fool me all the time though...

6. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    they may bee from a beard to non beard breeding which will give you some sparse beards

7. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Peeps- non-bearded, too young to sex.
    Buff #1- non-bearded cockerel
    Buff #2- bearded pullet
    others- non- bearded, can't tell sex.

8. fairywindchime

fairywindchime New Egg

Jul 28, 2010
    BLUE MOUND, TX (FT.WORTH)
    Quote:
    hello i'm jack.. i'm new to this. i have 1 lavander silkie but it turned out to be black.. but she is so BEAUTIFUL. just like your black one.. i say it's a pullet. for sure. the 2nd. one non beard i a cockeriel and the 3rd pic is a pullet.. i can see the blue wattles more on the non bearded one . than the other two. i also had two white that i gave to my cousin. one had large black blue wattles larger than the pullet. [​IMG]you can really see her but ill put a better pic. later...​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by