1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about one strange Khaki Campbell

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by agregg15, Nov 16, 2011.

1. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    I have a Khaki Campbell that hasn't filled out. When I got her and her 2 sisters they were molting and the others have filled out nicely, but she just hasn't. Her feathers are also anywhere from a beige to a light brown and don't repel water like they should. The strange thing is that she is the one that has been laying eggs all along while the others stopped. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with her?

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Can you post a picture of her and the others? Pictures help out a ton. How old are they? Can you describe their housing, water source and what you feed them too?

3. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    Quote:I will post pics tomorrow. I feed them Blue Seal Layer (I just recently switched them off of DuMor feed, but it has been going on for longer than that) and they are one and a half years old. They have a tub that I change 2-3 times daily for drinking/bathing (they usually swim once everyday in the morning) and their housing is a coop with plenty of space and fresh bedding. All of my other ducks are doing great, it's just her. When I first got her she had that weird coloration, but she and her sisters were free so I couldn't complain. I forgot to mention that she is also thinner than the others, but I watched several times throughout the day to make sure she wasn't being bullied away from the food and she wasn't. I hope it isn't a genetic defect because I know she won't make it through the winter like that.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by