question about ordering from mypetchicken.com

We bought our first 9 chicks from MPC, and after 34 weeks, we do not have any complaints.

oh yes i ordered 2 orders from them!!! good customer service and excellent chickens!! i am very happy. if they sold ducks, i would def get them from there. but they dont. good luck!
smile.png

Great customer service and speedy, on time delivery. I have placed 2 orders, both small, the minimum allowed.
My second order had a dead (smelly) chick w/ umbilical still attached.
Two chickens from first order died within days, and both orders had unwanted roos, not nearly 90% accurate.
I don't fault MPC, Meyer could have done much better at sexing. Don't know what to say about D.O.A. chick,
perhaps it was too newly hatched, or weak, maybe it should not have been shipped. Gross to think of the surviving
chicks hopping around on it for 24 hrs.
sickbyc.gif
Not sure I'd use them again because I'm not impressed by Meyer.

I've placed two orders with them. The first was a small order of 4 chicks. Second was an order of 25 RIR pullets (they sent 26). Both orders arrived on time with no DOA chicks. However things to be aware of. Once you place an order, there is a $10 charge to cancel the order. What annoyed me about this was that right after placing the order, I found some chicks locally and decided to cancel the MPC order. Keep in mind that my delivery date was six weeks away. A chick only needs 3 weeks to incubate. Yet they were going to charge me $10 to cancel because "they need to spend resources to find new homes for my abandoned chicks". Coming from eggs that haven't even been laid yet. I found this a little unscrupulous. If they truly didn't get any more orders, all they needed to do was set 4 fewer eggs and there wouldn't BE any abandoned chicks. Anyway, I decided not to cancel the order and was happy with the chicks that arrived. In the second order of 26 RIR, three had bung legs and eventually had to be culled since they weren't mobile enough to get to food/water on their own.

I just placed the order this morning for 10 pullets so I'm hoping that things work out ok. For the D.O.A. chicks, did they give you a credit or refund or anything?

I know you've already placed your order, but for future orders, you may want to consider Ideal Poultry. There is no minimum number of chicks to order - you just have to order at least $25 in chicks. This would equate to about 8-10 pullets. Their shipping costs are MUCH cheaper than MPC. With MPC, the shipping charges are likely to be more than the cost of the chicks. Also, you can change your order as often as you want with no additional charges. I've always had very good customer service. FYI.

Ok thanks! Yeah the shipping charges were a bit more then the chicks. I think I'll look into them when I order more for this year

Back
Top Bottom