question about plymouth rock growth rates

Chickiemom25

Crowing
12 Years
May 13, 2011
North Alabama
i got my barred rock and white rock the same day.. supposively same age but I suspect the white is a day or 2 older . Its been 6 weeks of white grows, barred catches up almost, white grows..... but now the white is significantly larger and the barred is not catching up as fast... should they be the same age when fully matured? Is this normal growth? The barred is picked on every time I try to introduce the 2 girls I have that are 2 weeks older. my 8 week old orpington is the same size as my 6 week old white rock in the picture so maybe the white rock is abnormally large... thoughts?

91533_chicks_027.jpg

91533_chicks_028.jpg

I hate to tell you this but your barred rock is a roo. Sorry. Are you sure the barred rock isnt a bantam?

Yeah your barred rock is a roo. He is lighter and wider white barring also the comb development. I got white rocks this year 2 pullets and they are hugh. I bought them with 2 EE's and hatched a welsummer all about the same age in fact the welsummer is a couple of days older and the white rocks are bigger than everyone.

I have 3 BR pullets, two are very large, the last one is quite small, but slowly catching up, like children, to each his own..

You have a roo...here are two shots, one a roo, one a pullet, the pullet is much darker.

68634_dsc_0101-4.jpg

PULLET

68634_br.jpg

ROO

if it is a roo that will solve my over crowding problem easier than expanding the coop since I cant have roos.
smile.png
but they are such pretty birds I was really hoping to to have a barred. Besides, it has the cutest behaviors of the flock. bummer. but thanks

Back
Top Bottom