question about posting pictures on a mac...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sixchickadees, Jul 26, 2011.

1. sixchickadees

sixchickadees Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    I'm not sure what category to post this in, so I thought I would start here. I am new to BYC and I want to post a picture on a post. In the past I have just used links, but I'd like to actually post a picture in one of my posts. I tried using a link from my website, and I got a small picture. I read the main post about how to post pictures, and I tried posting pictures that were on my facebook by right clicking and trying to find the image source address. I have a mac, and for some reason I do not have the option to view the image info. Is there anyone with a mac that can help me? Or direct me to the correct category to post this under? Thank you!!!

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I have a Mac, and I don't have any problem. I tend to upload pictures from my computer itself, seeing as how I don't have a Facebook. Would you like an explanation on how to upload pictures from the computer?

3. sixchickadees

Jul 4, 2011
    I was able to upload pictures to the site and then paste their image source codes into a post on the forum.
    I know that some people use other photo sharing sites along with facebook. If I delete a picture from my uploads to free up space, I don't want it to be deleted from the post, which is why I was trying to find a way to link it from facebook, or my personal website if that is also an option.
    Is there a way to also do this right from your computer?
    Thanks!

4. Ec_Prokta

Jan 14, 2009
    Yup, you can upload images right from your computer!

Step 1: The blue bar at the top of the BYC forum page has an "Uploads". Click on it.
    Step 2: Click the 'browse' button, and you'll see a window that looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Step 3: Hit 'submit'
    Step 4: Copy and paste the link you want into your post. Thumbnail is a small image that you can click on to get a bigger view, while the image itself is the size the original image is.

Hope this helps!

5. sixchickadees

Jul 4, 2011
    OK thanks! However, if I delete a photo from my uploads, will it also delete it from the post?

6. Ec_Prokta

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Yes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by