question about protien?

showjumper_girl2002

Songster
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Florida
how much protien should be in the feed for both ducklings and for adults? i really need to know b/c i have 2 new day old ducklings and 4 older ducklings (a little over 2 months old) and one of my older ducklings has started to get angel wing and i know that can be from too much protien. so i want to be able to fix the problem so my others don't get it aswell.

I started with flock raiser until my ducklings started getting wing feathers. Then I freaked out about angel wing and put them on duck pellets which are 18% protein. They're doing just fine and are almost fully feathered now. Lots of people's ducklings do just fine with flock raiser, I didn't want to risk it. I think sometimes ducklings just get angel wing. I think wrapping is the best solution.

ok thanks!
smile.png

The NRC recommendation is 22% for 0-2 weeks (2900kcal/kg diet), 16% for 2-7 weeks (3000kcal/kg diet), and 15% for breeders (2900 kcal/kg diet).

Clint

I use 20% str crumbles for the first 2-3 weeks. then 16% grower,, sometimes they go thru a growth spurt where it looks like the beginning of angel wing, but it isnt.... the feathers just need another week to catch up. IF your duck is over 2 months old it probly is angel wing. What % are you feeding.. ?

Back
Top Bottom