Question about redi-shed placement on the property

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicabee19, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    DH and I were sitting around discussing the upcoming building of the coop and run. Me telling him what I want, and him telling me 'that's impossible'. LOL [​IMG]

Anyway, at the end of our session where we've discussed placing the shed up against our rental cottage for quite some time, he says "I think you have to place a redi-shed at least 10 feet from any structure".

I'm looking, but I can't find specific details about non-foundation sheds online.

I suppose I'll have to call the City tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

not to mention that if you put a chicken coop near any other structure used as a residence, the likelihood of a mouse problem increases for your renters....

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Even if we put the shed 10 feet from the rental cottage, that wouldn't fix a mice problem!

I found some rules about placement of buildings. They have to be 10 feet from the front/back property line, and either 10 or 8 feet from the side line. That would put the danged 10' x 7' shed right smack in the middle of our backyard!

We may have to rethink using such a large shed as our coop, dang it! I guess we could sell the Redi-shed and build a small wooden coop. sigh. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by