Question about ringneck housing

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
A friend of mine gave me some ringneck chicks as 'payment' for a melanistic cock I gave her a few months ago. I have some of JJ's eggs and some of gamebirdsonly's eggs due to hatch and I got another 2 dozen eggs locally. I don't plan on keeping a ton of ringnecks, but I'd like to have at least 2 males just in case.

I plan on making a large flight pen (approx. 50' x 50') for my peafowl pair and thought I'd be able to keep the pheasants in the same pen as well. Q~1Would this be a good idea or would the peacock hurt the pheasants?

If it would be okay to keep the peas and ringnecks together, (Q~2) how many ringnecks could I keep in the pen? I wouldn't want so many birds that it turns into a mud pit (don't want them to eat ALL the vegetation), but like I said I'd like to have at least 2 'groups'.

Q~3Can I keep more than one male in a large flight pen? (Q~4)If I have 2 males in the pen, how many hens would I need?

Thanks

Over 24 hours and nothing? Does no one have any insight?
sad.png

there is a breeder close to me that keeps India blues and golden /red goldens in the same pen the pen is about 25-30 X 40-50' he has 4-6 pea fowl may 5-8 pheasant

Hello shelley in my exp with pheasants and peafowl they will get along just fine. I wouldnt keep over 16 in a 50+50 pen with the peas my ringnecks graze like cattle and before long no grass and make sure you put the wire at least 5 or 6 inchs in the ground or lay at least that much flat on the top of the ground.my birds will dig like coal miners looking for worms and dig holes next to the fence.some will say more birds some will say less you know how that goes.if you plan on keeping the roos in the same pen in breeding season get ready to put on peepers or the roos will kill each other this I found out the hard way.it wont take long to see if you have to many birds in your pen.

Back
Top Bottom