Question about RIR chick...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Year of the Rooster, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I ordered a RIR pullet along with other chicks but I'm most concerned with my one RIR. It's from Ideal and it is SUPPOSE to be a pullet, but i'm already thinking otherwise. It is the largest by far, weighing about 2.05 oz or more. (Weighed it Sunday) "She" is already getting her, I guess, shoulder feathers? while the others are not. My other Standard breed chicks are a BA, BR, and EE. Could "she" be a roo or is "she" just growing fast? [​IMG]

2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Can you post a picture? That might help....

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I always thought females feathered faster than the males?

I just had 6 RIR, they all got big fast, and were way bigger than the other chicks I had that were the same age (3 weeks). I only kept one though, so now I have no others to compare her (hopefully) to.

4. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:I could "try". But the I would have to get a photobucket account then upload the pics and figure out how to post them here.... so it might be a while [​IMG]

5. moenmitz

moenmitz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    you dont need a photobucket account. At the top of the page, you see where it says "uploads" ? Click on it. It will give you the option to browse your folders for pics and upload them. It is how I do all of mine....

6. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:oh ok Thanks! I'll see if I can get them sometime this weekend. They're already on the camera so I just have to upload them then [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by