Question about Roosters

Grand-hen-ma

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Hudson Florida
Hi. In one of my last posts I mentioned I had a roo penned off with 2 other girls and one of the girls turned out to be a roo. My question, since the roo's grew up together, (one is about 5 months and the other is 5 1/2 months) will they still fight if I leave them in the same pen together? I tried to put Rooster in the pen with all the girls and they beat the crap out of him. He ran back to the other pen and went crazy until I let him in with the other roo and hen again. I haven't seen them fight, (the 2 roo's) but my son said he broke up a squabble 2 days ago. Will the 2 Roo's become more aggresive toward the other if they stay together? How old does a Roo have to be in order to become Prince Charming...so to speak?

Thanks in advance
Colette

I have a grow out pen of Roos there was fighting but I processed the meanies and they others are getting along much better. I have a large pen they were hatch mates and I didn't think there would be as much squabbling going on as there was. They might fight or one will be #2 without any problem you will just have to watch and if it gets too rough you will need to separate them....

Thanks for the help and advice. The hen is still younger and smaller than my other girls. The bigger ones beat up the smaller ones and pluck out all their feathers. Will the older hens kill the younger one?

Until that hen is the same size they will probably try to.....you could put her in with them at night and see what happens in the morning she will be an outcast mostly since she is a single.

Back
Top Bottom