Question About Selling adult Sebastpols Holdereads Show Lines

Discussion in 'Geese' started by JordanFamily, Feb 10, 2011.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I have a pair of geese that I want to sell as a pair but was wanting yalls advice on what to ask for them. The female is a curly white female that was $200 as a gosling from Holdereads show lines... The male is also white, smooth breasted but nicely feathered male. I got him from Dorothy but he does have Holdereads ancestors... So do you think $150 is a fair price for the pair? They are both about a year old, and the girl is already laying since Nov.... Also do you think it would be possible for me to ship them if someone needed that? I'm in Harrisonville, MO which is in the middle of the US... How do you ship them and what box would I need for them, and how much do you think it would cost to ship them if needed???? Thanks sooo much guys for all your help....

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Swan box for shipment, I think the price is fair and I'd guess about $100 for shipping?

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I agree, you'll need a swan box and I would charge 120.00 and refund if their is any overage, you can also send the COD for postage.
    I think 150.00 for the pair is very fair price also.

4. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Before you go too far check with your post office (or any other shipping firm you want to use) to see if they will even take them. If they do there may be restrictions placed on shipping them based on time of day, calender date, or even weather at the nearest postal airport and/or the shipped to airport. day olds generate their own heat and don't need food or water on route. grown birds are much more fussy. Time of day will be just before their truck leaves for the airport. If it is a long trip or the truck has to make stops at other POs you may be told that you need to take them to the airport your self. Calender date is based on the assumption that the weather will be to hot after a certain date. Weather at airports enter into it because of the heat issue and stormy weather can close airports down or mess up connections.
    I remember well the big 9/11 when the government told airlines to land at the nearest airport and planes that didn't would be considered terrorist controlled and shot down. I was on a poultry message board that got Googled before BYC and I spent a lot of time answering questions from airport people that wanted to do the right thing by the birds stranded there but had never seen live poultry in their whole life. What can we feed them? How to give them drinks? how to painlessly kill them. We arranged rescules. How to get poultry people into airports either with feed stuffs or with transport out to farms that could take them. There were a lot of birds that never made it to the customer but lived on because of the airport people and us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by