Question about selling chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Laurelm, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Laurelm

Laurelm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    San Diego County
    Hi – I have started hatching several different breeds of chicks all of which I have kept so far as it is very hard for to let go and trust that someone else will take as good care of them as I do. My problem I know..I am like that with all my animals! I am wonderful about taking them in but not good at selling!

Anyway, I have too many chicks and need to sell a few. Right now I need to sell about 4 Golden Lakenvelders that hatched on Monday. What should I ask per chick? I am in San Diego County, CA, and I think they are fairly rare out here. I don’t trust myself to sex them properly so I would sell as a straight run.

Any suggestions on how to go about this. I was thinking Craigslist and saying for pets only (I realize I can’t control what they actually do with them). Also I don’t want any liability if they die after the buyer takes them. I will give them healthily bright very well cared for chicks and I can’t be responsible for the buyers actions.

Just looking for the voices of experience! I really appreciate all the help and advise on get on this site.

Take care,

Laurel

2. Laurelm

Laurelm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    San Diego County
    Anyone willing to share some advise??

3. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Have you looked at what prices they are going for here,ebay and maybe some of the hatcherires?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by