question about setting eggs a day apart

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by snazzyboots, Mar 14, 2011.

1. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i am having eggs shipped from 2 different sellers. they were both supposed to go out today. one set got sent but i just found out that the other one won't go out til tomorrow. i only have one incubator and this is my first time. can i start them a day apart??? from what i have read it doesn't seem like a good idea but i don't know what else to do. any suggestions or info would be appreciated greatly. thanks

2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I would just keep the first set resting till the second set comes in and then just rest the second set for 4-6 hours and set them together...[​IMG]

3. FarmerVal

FarmerVal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    Quote:I agree

I had shipped eggs come from 3 different sellers on 3 different days. I set them all together after letting the 3rd shipment rest for a few hours. I had chicks hatch from each shipment.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I set eggs for 3 days in a row all the time. I just put them all in lockdown on day 19 for the first eggs, earlier if they start chirping.

5. Colie <3

Colie <3 Collecting my Cuties

Feb 3, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:Would the loss one one turning day effect your third set? I have some set on two different days as well and planned to put them on lockdown on the 19th day for the first set.

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

First set gets turned a day to much an the last set gets turned a day less. But thats if you keep the mindset that you must stop turning on a set day. It is not really that big of a deal when you stop turning. Youprobably dont want to stop turning 3 or 4 days to soon an you probably dont want to be turning them after they pip/chirp but a day or so ether way is no big deal.

7. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    ok thanks guys. i really appreciate the help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by