1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

question about shipped eggs developing

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by snazzyboots, Apr 25, 2011.

1. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i got a batch of shipped eggs today. i put them in my basement to sit for 24 hrs. i candled tonite to make sure air sacks were good and no cracks. i found 2 cracked so i remover=d them. my question is... some of the eggs looked like they were starting to develop. is that possible? and what if they are? the eggs are cold basement is around 70. i'm guessing they won't continue if they had started what with the shipping and sitting out. has this happened to anyone?

2. kscottjoyce

kscottjoyce Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Townsend
    What did they look like that makes you think they are developing? I would just put them in the incubator for a few days and candle after that and see if there is any change.

3. snazzyboots

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i'm really not sure. i didn't see veins but they looked very different from the others. hard to describe but looked more like what you would see a little later. i was thinking that maybe they didn't collect them right away and maybe a broody sat on them for a couple of days? i am fairly new so i really don't know they just looked different.

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I agree with the other poster. Put them in the bator and check on day 10. [​IMG]

5. snazzyboots

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i am definitely putting them in. i was just curious. thanks for the replies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by