Question about shipped eggs

grannychicken54

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 23, 2012
OK
Hi all I have a question and was wondering if anyone had this before, they are shipped eggs and I let them set upright for 24 hours and then put them in incubator without the turner on it has been about 36 hours and I just noticed one looked like it was leaking not from a crack but more like tiny blobs on it there are about 6 or 7 spots and the blobs are not big I was wondering if I should take it out or this is something that happens. If anyone has in advice I would weocome it Thanks

Hi all I have a question and was wondering if anyone had this before, they are shipped eggs and I let them set upright for 24 hours and then put them in incubator without the turner on it has been about 36 hours and I just noticed one looked like it was leaking not from a crack but more like tiny blobs on it there are about 6 or 7 spots and the blobs are not big I was wondering if I should take it out or this is something that happens. If anyone has in advice I would weocome it Thanks
THROW THEM OUT! first image and second is the eggtopsy!

TINY Sappy spots possibly due to Rough Shipment of EGGS

Last edited:
I think someone said that it means the contents of the egg are under pressure. I had a couple from a batch the post office roughed up, and when I eggtopsied them they were scrambled with tons of bubbles in the white.

mine too as you can see in the pic, however I forget the day they were on and as you can see the scramble eggs turned brown already and stank something fierce!

Well if you are really in doubt or worried with it, remove it. When in doubt, throw it out.
ep.gif

Last edited:
If you're still unsure, I'd suggest that you candle it and try to see what's going on. If it looks scrambled, then you'll know for sure that it needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom