question about sick bantams

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by milliefleur, Dec 21, 2011.

1. milliefleur

milliefleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Danville PA
    [​IMG]i have a d'uccle rooster. he has a really nice and clear crow or what ever it is called. for a few days it was not nice and clear. it sounded like he had a cold and he also sound like he was clearing he thoat a few times. does that mean he picked up a cold? this might be a really stupid question but i know they get sick and injured and infections and things. but can they get a cold like humans do and in a few days it goes away? like i said stupid question. if it was a cold what can i do to help him or any of my chickens not get worse and pass it around? is there anything i can do to help prevent colds?

2. GreenMeadows

GreenMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    Chickens cant get colds or at least thats what the vets say but depends who you ask. Could be the cold weather? Might seperate and give some antibotics in the water. Feed store will have something. If you notice rattle in the chest and sneezing and swelling on face then I would give tylan 50 injected in the neck 3-5 days. Good luck and hopes its nothing.
    Quote:

3. milliefleur

milliefleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Danville PA
    thank you for the help and information

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by