question about SLW

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by blue fire, Aug 7, 2009.

1. blue fire

blue fire Songster

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have a SLW pullet that I think is 11 wks old and she is already taller than my Orpington and BR hens. Is that normal? Just wondering....

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My SLW is smaller than my other birds- but she's a poor quality hen from McMurray. I never realized how puny she was until I saw other people's birds on here. Anyway- is there a chance your SLW could be a roo? Does it have thick legs?

3. blue fire

blue fire Songster

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    We got her from MPC, and I hope Lucy will not be a Lucifer because Sgt. Pepper and Sadie won't be the same without their other Beatle buddy [​IMG]. We can't keep roos...

4. jelmer

jelmer In the Brooder

May 9, 2009
    my slw hen is about same size has my red shavers and my roo is about twice bigger

yours could be a roo?

5. blue fire

blue fire Songster

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Lucy's comb and waddles are really red.... does that set off another alarm on the roodar?

6. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    In my experience roos' comb and waddles tend to be redder than pullets'.. the combs are also wider at the base and more raised - it might be hard to tell without any others to compare to. Maybe if you had a pic we could be able to help [​IMG]

7. blue fire

blue fire Songster

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yes of course [​IMG] you can't have a post about, is my chicken a rooster? without a picture I will get one for you guys [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Pictures are always good!

9. blue fire

blue fire Songster

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Here you goes [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009