Question about sweet PDZ

PapaChaz

Crowing
9 Years
May 25, 2010
NW Georgia
I've read where some put this in with their brooder bedding. I am using pine shavings as the bedding in my brooder, do I put this on the bottom and the shavings on top, or do I put the shavings and then this on top and mix it, never used it before just trying to make sure I do it the right way

ok came back to post what I did with it. The instructions on the bag say to spread it on the floor, then put any bedding on top of it. This of course, didn't make sense to me, because I put a couple inches of pine shavings in the brooder and that just didn't seem to be right to me, so on one end, I followed the directions, on the other end I put the shavings in first, sprinkled it on top and then mixed it in.

For now it doesn't seem that it mattered much, I guess it will take a day or so of poo to find out for sure. I will say they immediatedly started scratching in the shavings and when they got to the PDZ underneath, they thought they'd found gold....

I also picked up some more watering nipples today and made a new bucket. I took some out of a bucket that had busted on me a few years back, the push in through the grommet kind, and put them on a couple of coke bottles. They didn't seem to be using them much at all, I wondered if there just wasn't enough water coming through to satisfy them, thus I decided to get some more and make a new bucket. I took 'upside down jar' waterer out, started drilling holes in a smaller bucket for the new waterer, and low and behold they all gathered under the coke bottles drinking.....I did still make the bucket though. These were the screw in kind and I can take them back out and make better use of them when the kids move to the coop

Back
Top Bottom