Question about temp and humidity on day 18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by serendipity22, Nov 10, 2007.

1. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    I've moved my eggs that are at 18 days into the hatcher box. The temperature and humidity is stable but it's at 100.2 temp and 74 humidity. If I touch it, it goes all crazy.

Are these numbers ok or should I find some way to fix it?

This is so nerve-wracking!!!

(corrected the wrong terminology)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You mean the hatcher, right, not the brooder box? If you shoot for 99.5-100 degrees, that's fine, so you're not really far off that, but you should try to make sure it doesn't go higher than that. And the humidity is okay. I know what you mean! Nerves, nerves, nerves. Mine just went in the hatcher today, too, but the Fridge-a-Bator holds temp and humidity better than anything I've used, so I dont have any problems with it right now.

3. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    Thank you so much.

Yea, I mean a hatcher. So many terms!!

I am so curious about your twin hatching! Wondering if all goes well and you get a hen (or two), would it be more inclined to lay double yolkers?...

Speckled, you are so great!!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You're welcome, s. I dont know about Caroline's daughter being inclined toward double yolkers just because she is a twin. Interesting question, though. Caroline herself isn't prone to lay them-this was her first double, I think, so I doubt her daughter would be inclined to lay them just because she came from one. We may never know unless I can get these two to hatch properly. That definitely remains to be seen! Glad to help, serendipity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by