Question about the brinsea eco 20 auto turn cradle

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bufforps, May 9, 2009.

1. bufforps

bufforps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    I just received my incubator and turner a couple days ago. When I plug the turner in, it is making a clicking sound. Not very loud at all, about the same volume as the hum of the motor. The directions say if the turner is making a clicking sound, this indicates an overload of the turning mechanism. The incubator is not even on the turner, so it is not overloaded. I used some WD40 on it and it has not made any difference.
    Anybody who has used one of these, does it usually make any clicking noises at all, or does it usually run silent?

2. what eggs

what eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Have you tried unplugging it, set the incubator on it and plugging in the turner with the incubator on board? This worked for me, almost like it needed the weight of the incubator to work effectively. Mine has not clicked since and is moving the octo as instructions said it would. Good luck, I hope the turner is not defective.

3. bufforps

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Thanks for responding!
    It didn't work [​IMG] . Did yours stop clicking immediately when you put the incubator on, or did it take a few minutes?

4. what eggs

what eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Mine took clicked for a couple minutes, it almost seemed like once plugged in it was trying to figure out where in the turn cycle it was. From then on it turned and was quiet. Are all 4 screws in tightly with a screwdriver? If you have tried the wd-40 and different plug in options I think maybe calling Brinsea is next to get options or request a replacement. If you have eggs to set now can you load them and manually turn the incubator while you wait for a replacement?
    I really do like the 3 sided bottom of this incubator, makes it very easy to turn the eggs without having to open the incubator in the case of manual turning. I hope you get it working or get a new turner, it has to be frustrating to get a new product and have issues right out of the box!

5. bufforps

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Thank you for all your help!
    I tried it again and gave it a little longer this time to see if it would work itself out. No dice. [​IMG] I don't have any eggs in the incubator now, so it is okay that it is not working properly at the moment. I have contacted Brinsea and am waiting for a response.

6. keckels

keckels Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    I see this is an old thread, but my brand new turner seems to be doing the same thing & wondered how this turned out in this instance. Incubator isn't overloaded & nothing is in turners path.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by