Question about the Brinsea Mini Advanced Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlover909, Dec 25, 2014.

1. chickenlover909

chickenlover909 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2014
    I just got a new Brinsea Mini Advanced Incubator and I was reading the directions....one of the things that I noticed was that it said to fill one of the water pots with Brinsea Incubation Disinfectant Solution. I was wondering if anyone who has used this kind of incubator would know if I need this for my first time.

2. Amina

Amina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I wipe mine down with 10% bleach to clean it, and I just use plain water in the pots during incubation.

3. chickenlover909

chickenlover909 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2014
    Thank you! I was also wondering if you knew how much water I should use in the water pots during incubation?

4. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

It depends if you want to do dry incubation until nearing the end (prior to hatching). Me...I have three bantam eggs in mine right now and I keep plain tap water in there during the entire incubation period.

Just a suggestion; keep the little lid on that comes with the pot so a newly hatched chick doesn't accidentally drown in the water pot (had that happen once to a newly hatched bantam chick when I forgot to put the lid back on after refilling the water pot).

Gail

5. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    CT
    I justgotabrinsea mini advance for Xmas and will be incubating for the first time too. I think the directions say to mix some disinfectant with the water in the resevoir not fill it with disinfectant.
    I plan to justice water, no disinfectant and fill 1/2 half of the resevoir until lock down when I'll fill both sides.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by