Question about the MPC rainbow pullet special

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AnimalMommy, Sep 15, 2009.

1. AnimalMommy

AnimalMommy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    This is probably a really stupid question but..

Okay, I ordered the rainbow layers from MPC and they are suppose to be here this week. My question is--Will they give me an list of what they actually sent so I'll know what breeds I have? Has anyone else ordered this one? I mean its suppose to be a grab bag deal right? There are twelve different breeds that they say "might" be included and I don't really want to have to wait until they grow up to see what I've got.

Also---to the people who have already recieved theirs---did you end up with a bunch of EEs, Barred Rocks, and RIRs? I only ask this because those were the other ones on sale and I figured that they would try to get rid of those by sticking them in the rainbow pack.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I haven't gotten mine yet (they are in the mail), but I don't think they put a list of breeds in with them. You just get to wait and see, unless you know what some of the breeds look like. You can expect to get some EE's in there, I don't know about RIR and BR. There was one person that got theirs last week, and they had 2 BR and no RIR, but a couple of EE's as well. But they got 2 polish, and those aren't even on the list! So it's really just a grab bag. I believe that person got some brown leghorns, and some other striped chicks, but they aren't all EE. So you should get a good mix of several different breeds. They just kind of toss whatever in there. [​IMG]

3. AnimalMommy

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Oh My!! I would love to get a couple polish ones!!I am really hoping for some brown leghorns though [​IMG]
    Good luck with yours!!

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Thanks! Same to you! [​IMG]

5. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    They don't put a list in there. You can post pics here and we all can help you. [​IMG] Or you can call customer service and they can help you. I ordered my chicks from MPC and called them to help identify them with me.

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Got my babies today!! [​IMG] Well, sort of. My car is broke down, so a friend picked them up for me. She is bringing them on Saturday when we have our chickenstock, so they'll be nice and spoiled [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. AnimalMommy

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Mine came today too!!![​IMG] I got a one fuzzy little orange one like yours!

[​IMG]

8. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    I got one fuzzy orange one and it is turning a buff color. The wing feathers are coming in buff.

9. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I love the selection in your orders! It looks like you each got at least 5 different breeds. That was such a great deal, wish I had the space. [​IMG]

shelleyd2008~ It looks like some of yours are silver laced wyandottes. The black and silver striped looks exactly like my SLW did when I got her. Then maybe some black australorps...I don't know enough to guess the light colored breeds. LOL

AnimalMommy~ I think I see some black austalorps. In the middle of the pic the really fluffy brown one looks like one of my easter eggers. Then right next to that one and up is that light buff colored one, I think she looks like an EE too.

Those are my guesses! [​IMG] Love the fuzzy butts!

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's what I had said about them (the silver striped ones), but a friend of mine said they look like hamburgs. I really hope they aren't wyandottes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by