1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about titanium and stainless steel rings

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 23, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hey y'all!
    Once I order my flowers on Monday we will have everything done and/or ordered for the wedding - four months ahead of time! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    One other thing we do need is a wedding band for SO/fiance'/old man.
    The one he likes comes in either titanium or stainless steel. It has to be comfortable and suitable for every day wear given his job. He doesn't want gold or white gold, like my engagement ring.
    Do either titanium or stainless steel turn your finger green? I'm noticing a trend towards those two metals in the men's rings especially but I'm not all that familiar with their characteristics.

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    My husband has a gold band but prefers to wear his stainless steel band on a daily basis. He likes it better [​IMG] Oh and no green fingers, but that really depends on the wearer sometimes. White gold turns my finger green and yellow doesn't the alloys in the metal affect people differently. I love the look and cost of either, especially the ones with a brushed finish.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

KAT!!!!! My fiance is allergic to MOST metals and we have chosen the titanium one, mainly because of the non-allergenic properties, BUT, I met a checker that grocery store that had one and he said he has had it for 5 years and never cleaned it and it is still as shiny as new - beautiful too. They have a gorgeous sheen to them that makes them stand out. That checker help us make up our mind!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Thanks y'all. That's exactly what I needed to know. [​IMG]
    Actually I'm thinking about getting a band to match his. I dearly love my diamond ring, but it's not suitable for working around the farm. I find myself taking it off all the time because I'm afraid of damaging it or losing a stone when I'm working outside. If I do get one like his I'll keep my diamond ring for special occasions and going out, etc.

5. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My hubby has a titanium band (and I think it was called comfort fit...more rounded edges?) he loves his....basic, but strong... [​IMG]

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I've heard that the main drawback of titanium is that they can't be sized. The flip side is that they're relatively inexpensive.

7. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Titanium is good....just make sure he takes it off when he should . You can't cut through it (so I've heard ) . Major drawback if you ask me . If he gains weight or his finger swells...you're sol .[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    most of the guys in the constrution unions waer them, I guess because it is stronger, My LDH wore one. It might just be the thing to do and serve no really good purpose, I dont really know...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by