I currently have four 7-week old chicks that have been living in their outdoor coop for about a week. Right now, daytime temps are in the low 50s and nighttime temps are around 20 degrees F. I turn on a heat lamp at night, with plans to eventually transition them to no heat at all. However, I'm leaving town for about a week on Thanksgiving. Someone will be coming every few days to feed and check in on them, but I'm worried that if I leave the heat lamp on, and somehow the bulb goes out, that the babies will be shocked by the cold. Two are bantams, so I worry about how tiny they are. By Thanksgiving, they will all be about 9 weeks. My question is: What would you do? Should I turn off the heat now so that they are used to life with no heat by Thanksgiving? Or would it be better to just keep the heat on, since they are young, and hope that if the heat should go out, it'll still be okay? I'd appreciate any advice about this!