Question about using a dollop of safeguard

Henwoman

Chirping
May 16, 2020
Hi all! Quick question about using Safeguard paste...I wormed my 4 hens 2 days ago with a “dollop” of safeguard paste. They are all acting fine but I had seen 1 hen pass 1 roundworm so I decided to worm them. They are just turning a yr old and healthy Orpingtons..laying good etc. I have not seen any worms in their droppings....should I worm them again in 10 days. Is 1 pea size dollop enough for these large hens?

A dollap or pea size can mean different things to different people and the dose can be way different. The only way you can be sure is to weigh the chicken and measure the medicine. Not a big deal to do, but you can rest assured that what you did worked.

Even with the proper dose of Fenbendazole, you may not see worms being pooped out. They get digested and sometimes they get passed. 50/50 I suppose.

For all the worms except for tapeworms, you should dose Safeguard 0.23 ml per lb of bodyweight for 5 days in a row and no repeat.

No a pea sized and dollap are not good enough.

Weigh one or guesstimate a weight and redose them all with the correct amount please.

A dollap or pea size can mean different things to different people and the dose can be way different. The only way you can be sure is to weigh the chicken and measure the medicine. Not a big deal to do, but you can rest assured that what you did worked.

Even with the proper dose of Fenbendazole, you may not see worms being pooped out. They get digested and sometimes they get passed. 50/50 I suppose.

For all the worms except for tapeworms, you should dose Safeguard 0.23 ml per lb of bodyweight for 5 days in a row and no repeat.

Back
Top Bottom