Question about using Sevin for lice/mite control

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by blueskylen, Apr 20, 2009.

  1. blueskylen

    blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

    682
    2
    151
    Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Hi,

    My question is that in sprinkling it around the coop and run, is there danger in the sevin getting on the scratch and the chicken ingesting some? and could it make the chicken sick or affect the eggs?
     
  2. Judy

    Judy Moderator Staff Member

    34,028
    453
    448
    Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You need to remove food and water before sprinkling; you don't want them eating or drinking Sevin. Don't know on the eggs -- but Sevin can be toxic to people.Not sure you'd have to toss any if you were pretty certain they did not ingest any.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by