Question about waterer nipples...

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by prodds, May 16, 2011.

1. prodds

prodds Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Hi all! I am preparing to build my coop, and wanted to make my own watering system. Sounds like the waterer nipples are the way to go. I found some on ebay that are called ND-R1 Heavy Duty Waterer Nipple (from cconly). They seem reasonably priced with free shipping. I was wondering if anyone has used these - reviews sound like the seller is legit, but I trust you all and wanted your opinions. Thanks!

2. NorthernOntario

NorthernOntario Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2010
    Sudbury
    I hope they're good... I ordered 10 from him yesterday! Within a few hours all the 'paperwork' was through and confirmed that he's ready to ship.

3. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    Please let us know how your purchase goes. I'm thinking of ordering from him as well, although I like the look of the ones that clamp over a piece of garden hose...

4. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I bought mine form Neil Grasbough (sp?) from this site. Best price around and they worked just as expected.

5. prodds

May 6, 2011
    Can you get them at pet/livestock supply stores? Or are they only found online?

6. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Quote:I got mine from Neil as well. His last name is Grassbaugh. Look him up on here and PM him. He has the cheapest price and ships them fast. I have made three waterers so far and love them!! No more cleaning out dirty buckets daily!! I only have to fill the bucket a couple times a week and would have to do less if I had used a 5 gallon bucket!!

7. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    This is the ebay seller I used and he was great. Less than $2 per nipple including shipping.

8. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    bought mine off ebay and they work great!

9. prodds

May 6, 2011
    OK, I took the plunge and ordered mine. I'll let you all know how they turn out!

10. FeatherPainter

FeatherPainter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northern New York
    I should be getting some from two different sellers on E-bay, some push-in and some screw-in, this week. I get my chilcks next week so I'm anxious to see how they work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by