1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about Wimpy Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kukupecpec, Dec 30, 2012.

1. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    So this is my first full sized rooster. I got him from a friend who's girls just don't seem to like him. He's quite young, just started crowing, and her girls are allover 3 years old. He's a super sweet rooster, seems to like people. He looks like some kind of EE maybe. I was just wondering if he's supposed to try to take charge right away or let the girls beat him up a little haha. He seems to be terrified of them. The top two hens who flip who's in charge won't let him at the food and when they peck at him he just runs for his life. Is he supposed to fight back?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    He's like a teen age boy in a room of old ladies. He's been henpecked, as have many of us males, but will eventually embrace his manly duties. [​IMG]

3. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    [​IMG].................X2 [​IMG]

4. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    Haha! Poor boy. He's SUCH a good boy too. Sweet as can be and gorgeous.

Well 'm glad to know he's at least behaving normally.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by