Question Can I put in baby ducks with my ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by okiechick57, Sep 27, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a chance to get 5 ducklings........... 2 weeks old.......can I add them to the ones I have without a problem? Would love to have them. Just don't have space to separate them right now.............any imput will be appreciated

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I wouldn't put them in with scovies at that young age. Can you erect a barrier fence with chickenwire or harware cloth or a piece of plywood where they will be safe, yet part of the flock? In a couple three weeks they should be ok to be with the rest.
    If they free range during the day, they should be fine. Just keep an eye on them at first. Then you would just need to partition them at night.

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks Terrie, I just talked to the woman who has them. I am getting 2 runners and one Roen........... I can make a separate part inside a pen I am trying to build today....for the night.....I may keep them in a garden tub for a while . ALl my ducks do free range.but this young I would be concerned about them being lost of even killed by my chickens or roo........... I am so excited, I love ducks now !
    P.S> Like my new avatar? finally got it up with some help from a few friends [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by