Question for Exhibitors (Showers)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickenwhisperer123, Nov 6, 2009.

1. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I am planning on going to a poultry show tomorrow, and have a question.

I would like to take some pictures for my website, but dont want to get yelled at.

Is there a rule against photographing the birds while they are in their cages? I wouldnt think so, but some people seem to get angry easily.

I think that is my only question. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Jason

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Some folks will gladly let you photograph their birds, but some can get sensitive about it. When in doubt, ask. [​IMG]

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    You want to put pics of other people's birds on your website? Hopefully you're not going to say they are your birds? I hope you will give the owners credit, and get their permission first. [​IMG]

4. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:I agree. That is the best thing to do. One time, I saw one of my roosters on someone's website, and I emailed them and told them to take it off immediately! I usually watermark my pics on my website so they can't be copied. Most people probably wouldn't care if you take pictures, but I guess I am curious too as too why you are putting other peoples birds on your website??? Not being cocky,,,just curious...

5. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    It is a public display, as long as you behave yourself no body can really say anything about taking pictures. A lot of people do, only mostly with phone cameras.
    At County and State Fairs, tons of pictures are taken. Of course you know you can not handle the bird, do not open the door or feed it. If for some reason the bird is stressing out, walk away.

Bob

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by