1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question for Hova Bator 2362N owners

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chellester, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Hova Bator 2362N owners: does the fan for air circulation run all the time, or only when the heat comes on?

Mine runs only when the heat comes on, so I am wondering if it is wired correctly.

2. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I think I may have found the answer on my own... from what I gather, on the older 2362N (ones made after the year 2000), the fan only runs when the heating unit comes on, and on the newer 2362N, the fan runs all the time.

Comments?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  3. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Okay, I'm just having a post-fest with myself now!!! [​IMG]

New question for those with the older pre-2001 2362N models: has anyone been able to safely rewire the fans so they run all the time? I don't want to go there unless you've done this safely and sucessfully and know what you're doing, because I sure don't!!!

4. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    just follow the power supply cord to where all the wires meet, one wire from the fan will already be connected to one side of the power supply cord, just connect the other fan wire to the other side of the power supply cord. this bypasses the heating element, if you dont have wire connectors use electrical tape, just be sure they are secured tight

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by