Question for Injured Poultry Owners and Indoor Housing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jywel417, Apr 24, 2009.

1. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Hello,

I am starting to think that my injured Orpington girl may never be able to live outside with the rest of the flock, she can get around but is def slower. As she gets older she may get faster and I guess in all reality she may not live all that long even tho this may just be an orthopedic issue that was caused during shipping and the rest of her systems may be fine. I was wondering if people who had injured poultry that lived inside because of their injury could post pictures of the housing for their injured kids. I will have diapers for her to wear when I am home but when I am at work during the day or such I would like for her to have somewhere nice to stay other than a rubbermaid bin without the lid on. I thought about a dog crate since I have several of those but didn't know if I would be better off building something for her or getting another kind of housing. Thanks in advance, any pictures of indoor housing is greatly appreciated !!!!!!

2. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    How old is she and what exactly is the problem? I would dog crate it with ahouse to go into if need be. [​IMG] I thank God have everyone outside. If you are not free ranging and they are in a cage there should be little problem to leaving her out. I have one now with its foot wrapped to straighten toes but I am hoping that all gets straightened out!

3. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    How old is she and what exactly is the problem? I would dog crate it with ahouse to go into if need be. [​IMG] I thank God have everyone outside. If you are not free ranging and they are in a cage there should be little problem to leaving her out. I have one now with its foot wrapped to straighten toes but I am hoping that all gets straightened out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by