Question for kskingbee

LLranch

Chirping
Jan 15, 2017
In 2015 I bought a trio of 2014 hatch IB's from you. The hen in this picture has white feathers at the tips of her wings I remember you telling me that she must have something other mixed in but I can't remember what you said now that she is old enough to breed I find myself curious if you can remember or would have a guest I would appreciate it thanks in advance

It can help to tag them so they get a notification that a post has been made mentioning them -- you can do this by typing the @ and then the members name like this : @KsKingBee -- this way they will be more likely to see the post which may otherwise get lost in the shuffle of new posts.

That white flight feather means that she is carrying a white gene of some kind. It could be split to white or split to pied, or split to White Eye. Do you remember what color the spirals were on her legs? That would tell me which pen she came from and I could tell you the background of her parents.

If you can get a pic of her back that would help too, the pic you posted had too many sun rays on it for me to see the details of her back. By looking at her chest she looks like she has a little spaulding in her.

She had a green spiral on one leg I will try to get a better picture tomorrow when the sun's up

And here is one of her back. Now that you are saying purple she does look slightly darker in the chest and throat area compared to my other hen

Back
Top Bottom