1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question for moderators: What is the trend for new members?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by SlowBro, Nov 10, 2016.

1. SlowBro

SlowBro Just Hatched

Oct 25, 2016
    Moderators, if you don't mind me asking: Are you getting more new members lately, or has growth slacked off?

I'm asking because I'm trying to understand the viability of building a new chicken-based product and I'd like to get my head around the industry's trend.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I think Rob (site owner) is the guy that can best answer this question. [​IMG]

Rob?? [​IMG]

@Nifty-Chicken

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. SlowBro

SlowBro Just Hatched

Oct 25, 2016
    Message sent [​IMG]

Per Google trends, the trend of the search terms 'keeping chickens' or 'raising chickens' has dropped over time.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

There's tremendous seasonality with interest in raising chickens, and right now we're about at the bottom time-of-year and will pick back up starting in February.

Year-over-year new member growth has slowed a little over the past 3 years, but not by a ton. We still see a lot of new members signing up all the time.

5. SlowBro

SlowBro Just Hatched

Oct 25, 2016
    Ok great thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by