QUESTION FOR MUSCOVY OWNERS

Fawn and Fam

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2013
I need to know how wide (not long) to make my poop boards (from wall to ledge of poop board). I won't be getting my Muscovies till spring but am building my coop now. I don't know how large a full grown drake is, therefore I don't know how wide to make the poop board so it catches all the poop and doesn't miss and fall on the floor.

I don't have any lol most of my drakes stay on the ground, the ducks will get up on my shelf but they aren't like chickens and necessarily roost.

Drakes? BIG.. think easily a 10lb bird, or more.. i have some guys here who are probably closer to 15lbs...

This was a guy from a March hatch, he was under 6mths at this point but i thought a good shot since the plastic chair is a common item can be a guideline.

Drakes can be probably 18-24" in length, from tail to chest. I don't have poop boards and I don't know that they'd work well for ducks. Duck poop is MUCH more wet than chicken poop and boards would need to be cleaned often in order to keep them from rotting. I just clean out the areas under my perches.

In my duck house, I have perches that are 18" high and 20" away from the walls. I have 2- 10' perches. My drakes and hens use them and the younger sleep on the floor at first.

I plan on lining the poop boards w/ a removable linoleum and using Sweet PDZ. If I do 20" from wall to roost how much should I do in front of the roost to edge of poop board (in case they turn around, I want to have enough poop board to catch the poop so it doesn't fall on the floor)?

Back
Top Bottom